Forthcoming at the The Journal of Financial Economics.
Berman, Jillian. 2018. "When private equity firms buy colleges, students often pay more." Sept 7.
Segal, Julie. 2018. "When Private Equity Wins and Consumers Lose." The Institutional Investor, Sept 4.
5. Minsk, Ronald E., Sam P. Ori, and Sabrina Howell. “Plugging Cars into the Grid: Why the Government Should Make a Choice.” Energy Law Journal 30(2), 2009. [Journal website.]
NON-PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS
1. Howell, Sabrina, Lee, Henry, and Heal, Adam. 2014. “Leapfrogging or Stalling Out? Electric Vehicles in China.” Discussion Paper, Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Harvard Kennedy School.
2. Howell, Sabrina. 2013. “Pathways for Reducing Oil Consumption in the U.S.” Carbon War Room & Fuel Freedom Foundation Research Report.
3. Howell, Sabrina. 2009. “Jia You! (Add Oil!): Chinese Energy Security Strategy.” In Luft, Gal and Anne Korin, eds. Energy Security Challenges for the 21 Century. California: Praeger Publishing.
4. Smith, Anne E. and Sabrina Howell. 2009. “An Assessment of the Robustness of Visual Air Quality Preference Study Results.” Environmental Protection Agency Clean Air Scientific Advisory Committee (EPA CASAC) Particulate Matter Review, Public Comments, March 30.
I am an Assistant Professor of Finance at NYU's Stern School of Business, and a Faculty Research Fellow at the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER). My research and teaching focus on entrepreneurial finance, innovation, fintech, energy, and China.
Please click on the underlined titles below for PDF files.
NYU Stern School of Business
Sabrina T. Howell
Accepted at the Review of Financial Studies.
Best Paper Prize at the 2018 UNC Private Equity Research Council Annual Symposium
U.S. Department of Energy. 2019. "Benefits of EERE Small Business Innovation Grants Confirmed in New Study." May 3.
Council on Foreign Relations. 2015. "Keeping the Edge: U.S. Innovation." Report.
Smith, Noah. 2015. "Angel Investing, Government Style." Bloomberg. July 9.
Pethokoukis, James. 2015. "Uncle Sam, angel investor?" AEIdeas, July 15.
Davis, Lucas. 2015. "How Should We Design Government Policies to Stimulate Innovation?" Haas Energy Institute. March 23.
Gill, Dee. 2015. "Small, Early Stage R&D Grants to Energy Startups have Large Impact." Chicago Booth Daily Data. February 2.
Howell, Sabrina. 2014. "The Impact of Government Grants in the Clean Energy Sector." Cleantech Group. January 9.
4. Howell, Sabrina T. “Joint Ventures and Technology Adoption: A Chinese Industrial Policy that Backfired.” Research Policy 47(8), 2018. [Journal website.]
R&R at the Review of Financial Studies.
Brookings Hutchins Roundup Dec 20, 2018.
Brin, Dina. 2018. "Corporate R&D Investment Appears To Spur Employees To Startup Venture Path." Forbes, Dec 30.
Arends, Brett. 2019. "The No. 1 reason why big, innovative companies suffer a ‘brain drain’". MarketWatch, Jan 14.
3. "IPO Intervention and Innovation: Evidence from China.” With Lin William Cong. 2019.
Verkhivker, Alex. 2018. "How delaying IPOs has a big and lasting effect." Chicago Booth Review, March 14.
5. "Firm Type Variation in the Cost of Risk Management.” 2017.